[gambit-list] Gambit and termite on an embedded system (Nintendo DS)?

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Sun Oct 22 22:41:31 EDT 2006

Marc Feeley wrote:

> On 22-Oct-06, at 6:28 PM, Andrew Lentvorski wrote:
>
>> This is the first change which is requiring me to actually rerun gsc.
>>
>> So, the question:
>>
>> How do I build gsc to work in a cross compiling environment?
>>
>> Presumably, I need to specify an option which will use an installation
>> of gambit *external* to the currently compiling gambit (which will not
>> work on the host OS).
>>
>> Where would I do so?  The makefiles seem to want to pull in the gambit
>> from the current directories.
>
> Go to a workstation which supports Gambit (Unix, Mac OS X, or Windows
> with MinGW) and build Gambit 4.0 beta 20 from the standard
> distribution.  This will give you the Gambit compiler in gsc/gsc .

Okay, so it's not a simple flag.

In that case, I got lucky.  I am using scons to build the DS version of
gambit.  What this means is that I can use the make system to build it
natively and recompile the .scm files and use the scons system to build
the cross compiled version.

Okay, that will work until you shuffle some things around for cross
compile bootstrapping.

Thanks,
-a