[gambit-list] Gambit and termite on an embedded system (Nintendo DS)?

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Thu Oct 19 07:19:23 EDT 2006

Marc Feeley wrote:
> Andrew, that's a neat project!  For a long time I have been thinking of
> running Gambit "on the bare metal" and, although I have never tried to
> do it, the runtime system has been designed so that there are few
> dependencies on a specific OS.  The C code generated by the compiler is
> very plain (it only uses the header files limits.h, wchar.h, float.h,
> setjmp.h, and math.h).  The OS dependent stuff is mostly contained in
> the lib/os*.c files.

I located main() inside gambit.h after peeling apart the preprocessor
stuff with -E.  This then calls ___main_char or ___main_UCS_2 inside
os_base.c.

I need to initialize some things (interrupts, keyboard, display, timers,
wifi, etc.) before letting Gambit take over.  Where should I hook in?
Should I hook in before letting the call float through to ___main_char
or ___main_UCS_2, or is there somewhere else that I should break out and
start initializing?

Thanks,
-a