[gambit-list] More DS porting issues

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Thu Nov 16 07:50:36 EST 2006

Okay, I have a repl and it's stable.  That wasn't too bad.

I can start web-repl.scm and get to a select statement.  That was a
pain.  I had to do a pretty large refactor spanning quite a bit of the
os_XX files.  It has a lot of POSIX'ness wired into the assumption.

And ... select() doesn't work in dswifi.  Sigh.

Any advice for how to fake a "select" with polling?  What kind of
repercussions are there going to be if I return from the select too
early?  Are there going to be implications if the select() for sockets
if different from the select() for stderr/stdout?

Thanks,
-a