[gambit-list] Re: I have no Windows SDK, but I have Visual

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue May 2 07:36:28 EDT 2006

On 2-May-06, at 9:17 AM, gas.comp.lisp wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have mail you for several questions before, and my last question
> is I can't compile Gambit-C with Visual C++ Toolkit 2003. Your
> suggestion is to follow the instructions. After that, I check what
> I have done, I find that I have no Windows SDK. Strange? But I have
> Visual C++ SP6, which I think contains all the SDK. So, I set the
> environment, and config the "vctoolkit.bat", in which I delete the
> two "@call". So now, I use Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 as the compiler,
> and the include and lib files provided by the Visual C++ 6.0 SP6.
> Still, unfortunately, I get these messages.
> Thank you!
>                          Mao..

It would seem that almost everything is working (at least compiling)
properly.  The only problem is the undefined in6_addr structure used
in os.c .  This is used for IPv6 support, which is not required for
proper operation of Gambit.  I don't know why that is not working for
you, perhaps an old version of the SDK.  So I suggest you disable
this functionality by commenting out this section of code in os.c:

/* Access to host information. */

#ifdef AF_INET6
#define USE_IPV6
#endif