[gambit-list] readtables question; compiler expansion

Christian christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Sun Mar 19 18:13:00 EST 2006

Hello

The default printer uses an output format which uses #< > with the
structure name and serial number, like:

> values
#<procedure #776 values>

Is there a way to read (or parse) that format back in? I've played
with readtables but could not get |read| to understand it.

I'm asking (this time) because I want to clean up the output of the
'expansion compiler option, so that it can be diff'ed (remove the
:numbers from the symbols etc.). Or is there a better way printing the
expansion (so that it doesn't contain those numbers in the first
place)?

Thanks
Christian.