[gambit-list] Re: Gambit-C on OS X with Developers tools 2.2.1 (make check fails)

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Mar 12 09:00:29 EST 2006

On 9-Mar-06, at 3:29 PM, Mark Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I hope this is the right address for this. I'm trying to get Gambit up
> and running on OSX. I've tried a few times in the past. It seems I can
> never build a version that will pass the checks before install.
>
> I recently upgraded my development tools I thought I'd give compiling
> it another go :). It compiles fine and it doesn't cause a heap
> overflow now (which has to be a good thing) so I consider it a step in
> the right direction however this time It fails with
>
> ------------ TEST 2 (error handling)
> ../gsi/gsi -:h4000 -f error.scm < error.scm > test2.out
> diff test2.ok test2.out && rm -f test2.out
> 1218c1218
> < (string?-read-line-open-tcp-client) => #t
> ---
>> ;;; CALL EXPRESSION (force-output '#<input-output-port #15 (tcp-
>> client "www.iro.umontreal.ca" 80)>) IS WRONG: (string?-read-line-
>> open-tcp-client)
> make[1]: *** [test2] Error 1
> make: *** [check] Error 2
>
> Is it safe to ignore this because I'd really like to try gambit out
> seriously? If not then is there any advice you could give me to fix
> this?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mark.

Hi.  Yes it is highly probable that Gambit was compiled properly.
Some people on other systems have also reported the same error on
this test.  I may remove or change this test because it assumes you
are building Gambit on a machine currently connected to the internet
(and properly configured) and that "www.iro.umontreal.ca" is up and
running, and reachable.  You might try a different web site.