[gambit-list] Interrupted in wait-for-io

Christian christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Thu Jan 5 06:18:34 EST 2006

At 21:30 Uhr +0100 04.01.2006, Christian wrote:
>The problem is that my side-effecting pseudo parameter cannot be
>transparently used with parameterize.

Well, I forgot that one can specify a filter function, with which the
signal initialization example can be solved.

The case which I ran into a few months ago, where I was disappointed
to find that parameterize doesn't let me use ordinary functions, was
different; IIRC I wanted kind of a *read* filter instead, for
generating values on the fly -- I can't remember exactly what it was.

BTW I would also like to point out that proper-tail-calls-set! would
better be turned into a parameter, so one could do stuff like:

(define (load-no-tco file)
   (parameterize ((current-proper-tail-calls #f))
      (load file)))

I've also not found a function to query the current setting, thus
currently I'm doing this instead:

(define (load-no-tco file)
   (proper-tail-calls-set! #f)
   (load file)
   (proper-tail-calls-set! #t))

but this changes the previous setting if it has not been #t.

Christian.