[gambit-list] FFI float/int interoperability?

TJ tjay.dreaming at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 08:20:16 EST 2006

Is there a way to make Gambit behave like C when passing floats/ints
to and from foreign functions? I mean to have them automatically
converted as they would be if I were programming in C.

I've run into a problem where I have 2 variables (in Scheme) to keep
track of my OpenGL window's width and height, but the calls to OpenGL
expect floats (gluOrtho2D) while the calls to SDL expects ints
(SDL_SetVideoMode).

If there isn't a way to convert automatically, is there a Scheme
function to convert between these two types? I suppose I could write
them myself, but since I'm already asking...

TJ