[gambit-list] PS/Tk on Gambit

Jeff Read bitwize at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 18:57:50 EST 2006

Hi all,

I managed to get Nils M. Holm's PS/Tk running on Gambit.

I had to account for a subtle R5RS incompatibility in Gambit, which is
that colon-terminated identifiers are keywords -- a set disjoint from
the set of symbols. PS/Tk uses such identifiers to indicate options
passed to wish for the creation of widgets.

That said, it's an interesting hack, and it works well once this
discrepancy has been addressed. Now we can enjoy a quick and easy way
to get a GUI for our Gambit applications!

The complete source file is at:

http://ii-0-ii.com/parodycheck/software/tk-gambit.scm

--Jeff