[gambit-list] Gambit-C vs. Bigloo vs. MzScheme

Sven.Hartrumpf at FernUni-Hagen.de Sven.Hartrumpf at FernUni-Hagen.de
Mon Aug 28 02:58:16 EDT 2006

Sun, 27 Aug 2006 18:38:30 -0400, feeley wrote:

> representation, Gambit-C uses 4 bytes per char and Bigloo 1 byte per
> char; this could be improved by recompiling Gambit-C so that strings
> use 1 or 2 bytes per char

Is this documented anywhere? (I guess that this is the reason why
my larger string/symbol-intensive programs will need so much more
memory compared to any other Scheme implementation.)

Sven