[gambit-list] [ANN] SCons-Gambit 0.1.0

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Sun Sep 25 01:56:50 EDT 2005

Hello,
I have just released SCons-Gambit 0.1.0.
SCons[1] is a build system like make and autotools, alltogether in one easy to
use package.
SCons-Gambit adds support to SCons to build Gambit projects, currently:
- Programs.
- Loadable Libraries.
I plan to add support for the various Shared Libraries soon.
The code can be obtained on
http://pupeno.com/eng/fs/scons-gambit-0.1.0.tar.bz2/file_view
It contains some documentation in the form of a README and INSTALL file and
some examples.
For you to get an idea, the examples from the manual, being three files:
- m1.c
- m2.scm
- m3.scm
can be build by writing a file named SConstruct with these contents:

env = Environment(tools = ['default', 'gsc'])
env.GambitProgram(env, 'm', Split('m1.c m2.scm m3.scm'))

and it con be built by simply running scons, for example:

$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
gsc -c -o m2.c m2.scm
gcc -c -o m2.o m2.c
gsc -c -o m3.c m3.scm
gcc -c -o m3.o m3.c
gcc -c -o m1.o m1.c
gsc -o m-linkfile.c m2.c m3.c
gcc -c -o m-linkfile.o m-linkfile.c
gcc -o m m2.o m3.o m1.o m-linkfile.o -lgambc -lm -ldl -lutil
scons: done building targets.

Enjoy!
--
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)