[gambit-list] Re: file-seek in Gambit.

Johannes Groedem johs+n at ifi.uio.no
Tue Sep 6 11:59:41 EDT 2005

* Marc Feeley <feeley at IRO.UMontreal.CA>:
>> I can't seem to find a way to seek in and get the position in files
>> using Gambit (4beta11).  Wouldn't this be a handy feature?
> Yes, I have been planing this for a while and have just completed
> the implementation and documentation.  Here it is:

[Months later.]

Great!  However, it seems that they don't return the correct
positions.  The position is set correctly (confirmed by reading a
character at that position), and the value returned when the position
is set is correct, but when calling
input-port-byte-position/output-port-byte-position, 0 is always
returned.

As a test case I used the sample in the documentation, but I'm
guessing this is not so useful for you, since you obviously got the
correct return values, so I guess I should dig into the code and have
a look, but until then, here are some details about my environment:

Gambit-C 4.0 beta 14
GCC 3.3.5 (x86_64)
GNU libc 2.3.2
Linux 2.6.10 (amd64)

I think the same thing happened on my older (IA32) host running
approximately the same environment, except it had a 32-bit version of
it, obviously.

Could I ask under what environment it worked for you?

--
Johannes Groedem <OpenPGP: 5055654C>