[gambit-list] Re: Calling blocking C libraries from scheme threads

Johannes Groedem johs+n at ifi.uio.no
Tue Oct 18 09:45:23 EDT 2005

* Christian <christian at pflanze.mine.nu>:
> For writing interfaces to C libraries which have socket function
> calls hard wired (like database client libraries), how can I make
> foreign calls so that they don't block other scheme threads?

The libraries often have provisions for this.  See for example
PostgreSQL's client library and its PQconsumeInput, PQisBusy, etc.
But I guess the C libraries you're using don't support this, then?

It could be that the best solution is to just implement the protocol
in Scheme.

--
Johannes Groedem <OpenPGP: 5055654C>