[gambit-list] Why is flonum arithmetic so slow?

TJay tjay.dreaming at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 02:22:51 EST 2005

Owh. Well that sure sped it up :-)
So Gambit handles flonums differently from fixnum, huh?
I increased the heap and got the the GC to run only 149ms out of the total
14 seconds. Fast enough for me I think, but still a far cry from fixnum
performance. Just out of curiosity, is there a way to turn on native
floating-point arithmetic? Assuming I'm willing to forego rationals, complex
numbers, etc.

Btw Gambit is great. The C-interface is wonderful! And if syntax-case and
c-lambda worked together it would be perfect!
I'm lovin it ;-)

~ TJay ~