[gambit-list] One other thing to help builders

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Wed Nov 9 07:21:54 EST 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 10:44, you wrote:
> Is a -v option really needed?  You can always do:
No, it is not really needed, but it would be usefull. Most unix programs reply
the versions when running with -v and then exit. That is very usefull when
trying to find a program, because -v is not likely to cause any harm.

>    % gsi -e "(pretty-print (system-version))"
>    40065
>    % gsi -e "(pretty-print (system-version-string))"
>    "4.0 beta 15"
I am not interested on gsi, gsc is the program that has a conflicting name
with another very widely used and installed tool. gsc is the one that gets
renamed on packages to avoid conflict. So, I should start running a set of
programs with -i -e "(pretty-print (system-version-string))" until one
responds. I'll preffer to just use -v.

Thank you.
--
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)