[gambit-list] Gambit-C 4.0 beta 13

ben at fuhok.net ben at fuhok.net
Thu May 12 18:20:40 EDT 2005

My guess is that this problem doesn't have much to do with your gambit
installation or with the speed of compiled vs interpreted code.  The
example passes the continuation around via a query parameter, not by a
hidden form field (though the continuation is included there too).
This makes for one honking long url.  The example works fairly well
for me with linux/firefox regardless of whether or not it is compiled
or interpreted (although there is some funkiness with the browser
location bar).  It also ran ok with windows/firefox.  The version of
IE 6 I tested couldn't (or wouldn't) handle continuation-sized urls at
all.

I bet that the example would run very well if the continuation was
passed around using POST instead of GET.  Probably Marc was just too
busy implementing new features to bother with decoding form data.

Ben