[gambit-list] Re: Meroon and Gambit

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Wed May 4 21:05:29 EDT 2005

I hope you don't mind that I've cc'ed these replies to the Gambit mail
list.  It would probably be most effective to CC any query about Gambit
to the list.

On May 4, 2005, at 1:30 AM, Eric Merritt wrote:

> According to the docs meroon generates some
> macros for each class. Do you have any idea how this  interacts with
> gambits include/load semantics.

I copy the generated _meroon.o1 to the gambit install directory, in
this case /pkgs/Gambit-C, link gsi++ to gsi, and gsc++ to gsc, in
/pkgs/Gambit-C/bin, and put the following into
/pkgs/Gambit-C/gambext.scm:

zuse-36% cat /pkgs/Gambit-C/gambcext.scm
(case (string->symbol (car (##command-line)))
   ((gsi++ gsc++) (load "/pkgs/Gambit-C/_meroon.o1"))
   (else #f))
(display "loading /pkgs/Gambit-C/gambcext.scm\n")

I can then start gsc with Meroon by gsc++ and gsi with Meroon by gsi++.

After that I don't have problems with include/load, etc.

Brad