[gambit-list] create-directory permissions

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Jun 17 11:21:58 EDT 2005

On 16-May-05, at 10:42 PM, ben at fuhok.net wrote:

> I imagine that it is intentional, since it works as the documentation
> says it should, but why is the default mode for `create-directory'
> #o666?  It seems to me that one would more usually want something like
> #o755.

Yes you are right and I've fixed the problem like so,

    create-directory: permissions default to #o777
    open-* and create-fifo: permissions default to #o666

Note that the permissions, whether they are explicitly specified or
the default is used, are modified with the 'umask' before being
applied.  I'm thinking of adding a current-umask parameter object
(initialized to the process' umask), similar to the current-directory
parameter object, that will give a finer control over the umask.  Any
objections/suggestions?