[gambit-list] A module system

Christian christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Mon Jun 13 06:17:18 EDT 2005

Hello

Over the course of the last few months I've started using Gambit for
"real" stuff. The first thing I've done has been a (simple?) module
handling system. It has served me quite well and I'm glad to have it
done. It's not "finished", it still contains bugs and misses a number
of things that would be useful, but maybe you can check it out and
see yourself if you find it interesting.

I'd like to get feedback on how I should proceed in the light of the
possible prospective R6RS module system. I'm willing to adapt it to
the latter, or help merge the interesting parts of it.

The tar also contains 39 actual modules adapted or written for Gambit
(not counting an additional 14 unfinished ones), 8 by myself (small
ones; the most useful ones: sorting functions (cj-sort), and a number
of macros and utilities (cj-env and cj-listutil)).

For more information, the list of features, and the code, see:
http://scheme.mine.nu/gambit/chjmodule/

(BTW this has been my first real Scheme program; I would be happy
getting tips for coding improvements.)

Thanks for any feedback
Christian.

PS. during it's implementation, a big list of questions has
accumulated. I'll ask them bit by bit when I find time in the next
days or weeks.