[gambit-list] Threads IO question

Patrice Rault parault2 at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 4 09:16:15 EDT 2005

Le samedi 04 juin 2005 à 04:29 -0300, leo lencioni a écrit :
> I'am a scheme newbie and trying to learm scheme. I have the following function:
>
> (define (disp-msg msg)
>    (display msg)
>    (newline))
>
> I'am using it inside inside a thread to print debug info.
>
> (thread-start! (make-thread (lambda () (disp-msg "Hello")))
>
> Running it inside GSI gives no problem and everithing goes well. But
> when I compile it they show no output.  I'am compiling with gsc with
> no options. Linux/debian. Gambit 4.0 b13. What I'am doing wrong? I'am
> missing compiler options.
>
> Thanks for your help

Also i am a Scheme newbie but try the following code as mthread.scm for
example

 (define (disp-msg msg)
    (display msg)
    (newline))

 (define t (thread-start! (make-thread (lambda () (disp-msg "Hello")))))
 (thread-join! t) ;; to get the prompt again
                  ;; for compiled and interpreted code

 > gsc mthread.scm
 You got 2 C files "mthread.c" and  "mthread_.c".

 > gcc mthread.c mthread_.c -lgambc -o mthread
 > ./mthread
 > Hello

 The better way is to read the Gambit-C documentation.

 Regards.
 pat