[gambit-list] Gambit 4.0 under MS Windows

Dan Hristodorescu dhristodorescu at borderfree.com
Thu Jul 14 10:43:29 EDT 2005

Hi Mark,

You can use the project files in the Gambit directory/misc/proj_msc.zip
You just have to add "./include" to include directories, delete all
files from the project and add all files in lib and gsi (gsc) based on
the project you use (for gsi or gsc). You also have to add the winsock
library (ws2_32) to the libs.
It works fine in b12 but when I tried with b13 I got errors:

c:\gambc40b13\lib\_io.c(10369) : error C2065: '___REGISTER_HOST_ENTRY' :
undeclared identifier
c:\gambc40b13\lib\_io.c(10369) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';'
before identifier '___jump'

Scott Graham posted the the VC 7.1 projects for b13 on 5/14/2005 in the
forum, you can search for his message. He fixed the compilation for b13
and I hope it works fine.

If b13 doesn't work for you, you can use b12 but be aware there is a fix
for console redirection you have to apply if you use it in an
application compiled for the graphical subsystem (non console mode).
Marc posted it in the forum a while ago. Also in b12 if you compile it
in C++ mode you'll have to fix some compilation errors, mostly casts and
a couple of nested functions you have to move outside.

I hope it helps,
Dan.