[gambit-list] Gambit is case-sensitive by default!!!

Bill Richter richter at math.northwestern.edu
Tue Jan 11 23:14:03 EST 2005

Marc, I just realized that Gambit is case-sensitive by default!  The
Gambit manual node "Runtime options for all programs" says:

   The `s' option selects standard Scheme mode.  In this mode the
   reader is case-insensitive and keywords are not recognized.  The
   `S' option selects Gambit Scheme mode (the reader is case-sensitive
   and recognizes keywords which end with a colon).  By default Gambit
   Scheme mode is used.

I'm reading that right, aren't I?  "By default Gambit ... is
case-sensitive and recognizes keywords which end with a colon."  I
don't think you should bury information like that!!!  I'd put it on
the 1st page of the manual!

It's a big deal for me, because I have a lot of case-sensitive
DrScheme code.  I've been making the code case-insensitive, which is a
pain, and fraught with peril...

--
Best,
Bill