[gambit-list] Re: gambc40b12 failed TEST 7 check on Linux RHEL 3.0 clone

Marc Feeley feeley at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Mon Jan 10 10:47:59 EST 2005

> I don't know if this is the right place for this bug report.  I'm not
> a great programmer, but I'm trying to whip some code into shape to
> cite in a Math paper.  It's gotta be at least as fast as C programs
> written on this subject 20 years ago :)  This code right now running
> on DrScheme is a lot slower than the 20 year old C records.

All tests passed on my development machine (a PowerBook running Mac OS
X).  I noticed the problem on Linux after releasing beta 12.  The
strange thing is that the segment violation disappears when the
program is run with "gdb", so I can't even figure out where it is
crashing.  My guess at this point is that my latest modifications of
the C-interface must be causing a problem when a garbage collection
occurs during a Scheme to C call.  I'm looking into it.