[gambit-list] access to SQLite w/o c-define

Thomas Hafner hafner at sdf-eu.org
Wed Feb 23 09:11:00 EST 2005

Hello,

Sqlite-G v0.2[1] shall help using SQLite when programming in Gambit-C.
I followed the recommendation of Marc Feeley to use the
sqlite_compile, sqlite_step, and sqlite_finalize API rather than the C
callback function API (see the thread with Subject ``SQLite
2.4.7''[2]). I had to switch from SQLite 2.4.7 to SQLite 2.8.15 to do
so.

I'm aware that the Scheme interface provided by sqlite-g.scm is very
close to the C interface rather than being a high level interface for
best use in Scheme. Such an interface could be still added on top of
the existing one, maybe by abstracting from the example given by file
sqlite-g-example.

Comments are welcome!

[1] <http://hafner.sdf-eu.org/pool/sqlite-g0.2.shar.txt>
[2] Message-Id: <E1CrJzS-00012j-00 at schnucke.hafner.nl.eu.org>