[gambit-list] New types

Logan, Patrick D patrick.d.logan at intel.com
Mon Feb 14 16:14:57 EST 2005

A functor is I think just a first-class function, either named or
anonymous, e.g. a (lambda (...) ...)

I think the usage here is more like "combinator", i.e. a functor with no
free variables that can be combined with other combinators to create new
kinds of compositions the way objects in an object-oriented program
might be composed. (aka the "part-of" relationship rather than the
"is-a" relationship.)

I may be putting words in David's mouth that have nothing to do with his
message.  8^/

-Patrick