[gambit-list] We need to update the SRFI license

david rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:20:15 EST 2005

Hi Marc,

As you may have heard, we are changing in the SRFI license to
accomodate the currently expressed needs of the Open Source community
for a legally evaluated license. To this end we are shifting to the
MIT license. David VanHorn has been heading up this effort; you may
have heard from him already. We need you to send an email back to the
srfi-editors at srfi.schemers.org explicitly giving your permission to
re-license SRFIs 0, 4, 12, 18, 21, 39.

We *don't* have a good plan for handling SRFIs which we are unable to
secure the necessary re-licensing permissions, and we would *vastly*
prefer to have your approval to having to concoct such a plan. We have
had interesting ... suggestions ... from both the Scheme Underground
and the NJDSS Editorial team in their own unique modalities about how
to handle the situation. Let us pray it doesn't come to that.

david rush
--
Remember: There is no Scheme Underground