[gambit-list] 4.0b16 and/or getting address info from a network socket

david rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 07:07:12 EST 2005

Hi Y'all,

I was really pleased to hear that beta 16 was going to include

>     (tcp-client-self-socket-info tcp-client-port)
>     (tcp-client-peer-socket-info tcp-client-port)

but now I'm wondering when beta 16 is going to be released so I can
use the functions. Failing a clear date (and believe me I know how
that goes), can someone please provide a hint about how to implement
them myself? A patch file to the beta 15 codebase would also be
excellent.

I need this for two purposes (although one can be worked around
without that information): message routing in a mesh-connected
topology and for minimizing the amount of traffic necessary to update
the routing maps.

And as I write, I have concocted another way to do it, but it also
involves writing yet another networking layer :P I'd prefer to
leverage the underlying TCP Stack information if I can :)

david rush
--
DIsruptive Technology!