[gambit-list] Incremental garbage collector

Chris Newcombe c_r_newcombe at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 19:02:01 EST 2005

Marc,

I read your paper "A compacting incremental collector and its performance in
a production quality compiler":
www.iro.umontreal.ca/~feeley/papers/ismm98.ps.gz

- Is (or will) this incremental collector available for Gambit v4?
Soft-realtime behavior is important in my app.
- The paper is quite old.  Does the description of the blocking collector in
section 3 still apply to Gambit v4?

(I only ask the second question because under "Main new features" in
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~boucherd/mslug/meetings/20040519/mslug1.pdf.gz,
it mentions "Better GC (safe for space)".)

The hybrid approach in this Erlang paper is interesting:
http://user.it.uu.se/~kostis/Papers/ismm04.pdf

thanks,

Chris