[gambit-list] Efficient support for delimited continuations?

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Dec 21 22:17:43 EST 2005

On 21-Dec-05, at 8:35 PM, Newcombe, Chris wrote:

> Marc,
>
> Does (or will) Gambit v4 have native support for shift/reset or
> splitter/abort/call/pc?
> And if so, can the resulting partial continuations be serialized?

The short answer is "no".  On the other hand, I don't think it would
be too hard to support such control constructs.

Let me reply with a question of my own... why do you need these
control operators to be natively supported?  You can implement them
on top of call/cc fairly easily.  Are you worried (obsessed?) with
performance?