[gambit-list] Re: loading modules multiple times

Adam Langley alangley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:40:04 EDT 2005

On 8/11/05, Christian <christian at pflanze.mine.nu> wrote:
> Maybe put (load "my-load") into your main program, which has that
> definition. Your modules would just use the already-loaded definition.

But I don't want to have to decide which is my main program. Running
any of the modules might make sense in of itself, e.g. to run tests.

> Marc:
>
> * how can one cheaply copy a binding from one namespace to another?
> I'm using (eval `(define ,fully-qualified-to ,fully-qualified-to))
> now, and that's the slowest part of the whole thing.

I'm not providing an answer, but one can evaluate (##symbol-table) and
(##keyword-table). They are hash tables (vectors) but I don't know
what their elements are. An empty element prints as ||, but that's not
readable.

AGL

Adam Langley                                      agl at imperialviolet.org
http://www.imperialviolet.org                       (+44) (0)7906 332512
PGP: 9113   256A   CC0F   71A6   4C84   5087   CDA5   52DF   2CB6   3D60