[gambit-list] Code for Generic arrays

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Sat Apr 30 03:02:49 EDT 2005

I mentioned before in

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.scheme/browse_thread/
thread/b2b0f2
84af10d309/17b266e34fbb7f17?q=lucier+arrays&rnum=3#17b266e34fbb7f17

the availability of code for operations on what I consider to be generic
arrays.  I've just finished a test suite for that code and in the
process
found and fixed a fair number of bugs.  I'd appreciate any people who
might
want to try the code, which is at

http://www.math.purdue.edu/~lucier/array-code

A brief description of the code follows.

Arrays are just mappings from Intervals (hyper-rectangles of
multi-indices) to Scheme objects; mutable arrays can have this mapping
changed with a setter; Fixed-arrays have a backing store.

Besides basic functions for manipulating these objects and their
fields, the following procedures are provided:

Interval-for-each, Interval-reduce

Array-lazy-map, Array-for-each, Array-reduce,
Array->Fixed-array, Fixed-array-share!, and Array-map

Brad