[gambit-list] Gambit-C 4.0 beta 10

Marc Feeley feeley at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Thu Oct 21 09:34:52 EDT 2004

> On Wed 20 Oct 2004 15:14, Marc Feeley <feeley at IRO.UMontreal.CA> writes:
>
> >    - I now include the portable "syntax-case" implementation that has
> >      been ported to version 4.0 of the Gambit-C interpreter (it is in
> >      misc/syntax-case.scm).  To use it start gsi like this:
> >
> >           gsi misc/syntax-case.scm -
> >
> >      You can also rename the file to gambcext.scm and move it to the
> >      Gambit installation directory (and even compile it with "gsc
> >      -dynamic gambcext.scm" if you wish to speedup macro expansion).
>
> Is there also a syntax-case implementation for the Gambit-C compiler
> somewhere?

You can add this line to misc/syntax-case.scm:

(define c#wrap-program
  (lambda (src)
    (c#expression->source (expand-syntax (##desourcify src)) src)))

If you want to be able to use this with gsc's batch mode, then you
should rename syntax-case.scm to gambcext.scm and put that file in the
Gambit installation directory.  But be aware that source code location
tracking will not work.  This is why syntax-case.scm is not built into
the system by default (if someone can make a clean port of syntax-case
to Gambit I'll gladly make it a built-in feature!).