[gambit-list] Announce: atomic

Eduardo Cavazos wayo.cavazos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 21:43:35 EST 2004

ATOMIC 0.1.3 http://proteus.freeshell.org/atomic/atomic-0.1.3.tar.gz

A collection of code for the Gambit Scheme System.

atomic.scm
  A base library for the rest of the system

object.scm
  * A simple object system
  * It's relatively concise when compared to traditional Scheme record
    systems
  * Example:
    (class <point> x y)
    (def p0 (new <point> x: 4 y: 5))
    [p0 x:] ;; Getting a slot
    [p0 x: 10] ;; Setting a slot

Xlib
  * X Lib bindings
  * Based on the code that comes with the Gambit 4.0 beta distributions
  * The function and macro names are the same as the C library
    counterparts.

she
  * A very simple UNIX shell
  * Supports some basic /bin/sh features like pipes
  * Readline support
  * Shell functions are written in Scheme

winman
  * A simple window manager used to test the Xlib bindings and to
    explore window manager hacking
  * A REPL like window can be opened to interact with the system

This release of Atomic is for Gambit 3.0. It will not work under 4.0.

Atomic is in the early stages but is useful. I use the window manager
and am close to using the shell full time. Right now it is a testbed
for ideas. I welcome any mail regarding the system.

Ed Cavazos