[gambit-list] Associative arrays

Eric Merritt cyberlync at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 19:43:30 EST 2004

Gambit, like most schemes has association lists that you can make use
of via the functions assoc, assq, and assv. However you need to
realize that this has a worst case performance of O(n). Up to about a
hundred elements association lists will probably be out hash tables.
Above that though and association list performance drops drastically.

 If you are going to have a large number of values its probably best
to look at  the table implementions in slib and the scheme repository.

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 00:10:33 +0000, Joel Reymont <joelr at well.com> wrote:
> I might be asking something stupid but does Gambit come with associative
> arrays?
>
> How do you implement a registry based on a key then?
>
>     Thanks in advance, Joel
>
> --
> OpenPoker: The Linux of poker software
> http://wagerlabs.com/forums

I'm a programmer, I don't have to spell correctly; I just have to
spell consistently