[Snow-users-list] Pregexp.scm

Matthew Martin matt.a.martin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 14:00:18 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Bradley Lucier <lucier at math.purdue.edu>
wrote:

> > Message: 7
> > Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:43:47 -0500
> > From: Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca>
> > Subject: Re: [Snow-users-list] About ready to upload pregexp, but one
> >       more question.
> > To: Matthew Martin <matt.a.martin at gmail.com>
> > Cc: snow-users-list at iro.umontreal.ca
> >

> > On 28-Feb-08, at 12:34 AM, Matthew Martin wrote:
> >
> >> But I was wondering, what category should it be? Do I need
> >> to use one that exists, or could I do something like
> >> (keywords: textproc)?
> >
> > I guess "parsing" is the best existing category.  But in general, you
> > can create a new category if none fits.
>
> I think that regular expression engines form a category in themselves.
>
> Brad

 I made it textproc, as I usually use it for... well, messing with text.
Things like TeX-related snowballs could go there too.

But I can understand parsing, the IRC package I'm working on
uses it more as a parser.

Then again like you said, I could see it being its own category as well.
Maybe something like Andrew Wright's "match" could go in that
category too.

In the end though, I was asked to stick it under parsing so that's where
it went.  I can always change it again if need be.