[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk by Orhan Firat "TODAY" at 14.00 in AA3195

Kyung Hyun Cho cho.k.hyun at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 07:05:52 EST 2015

Dear all,

We have a tea talk today at 14.00 in our usual tea talk venue (AA3195).
Orhan Firat will tell us about how we can use deep learning to read your
mind (!) Unless you want to be a victim of mind reading, I highly suggest
all of you to attend the talk and learn how to avoid it as much as possible
(if you can at all.)

See below for the details, and hope many of you will attend!
- Cho

P.S. I'm terribly sorry for the late announcement.

===
- Speaker: Orhan Firat (Middle East Technical University, Turkey)
- Date/time: TODAY 6 March 2015 @14.00
- Place: AA3195
- Title: Deep Learning for (Functional) Neuroimaging
- Abstract: Deep learning has made a significant impact on many fields of
research, but not contributed much to neuro-imaging, the eyes of
neuro-science. In this talk, I will focus on deep learning opportunities in
(functional) neuro-imaging. I will present the challenges in the field and
give some application examples of deep learning for brain state decoding
(mind reading), intrinsic network discovery and mental disease diagnosis.
Further I will try to discuss about the applicability on subject-transfer
decoding and some generative tasks.