[Lisa_teatalk] Talk by Dumitru Erhan (Google) on Monday (27 April) at 14.00

Kyung Hyun Cho cho.k.hyun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 23:55:48 EDT 2015

Dear all,

Our proud alumni (alumnus?) Dumitru Erhan at Google will visit the lab on
Monday and give a talk on how Google tackles the task of image
understanding. The talk will be in the usual place AA3195 starting at 14.00.

Hope to see many of you there!
- Cho

===
Speaker: Dr. Dumitru Erhan, Google
Date/Time: 27 April 2015 @14.00
Place: AA3195
Title: Image Understanding at Google
Abstract: Extracting knowledge from image data is a difficult challenge,
but recent advances in deep conv-nets have been quite the enabler and have
made incredible impact inside Google. I'll give a whirl-wind tour of our
efforts very large-scale design and training of networks for
categorization, localization, scene understanding, compact embedding
learning, image captioning and more speculative thoughts on image-based
question & answering.