[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk 29 Oct Wed @13.30 AA3195 by Dong-Hyun Lee

Kyung Hyun Cho cho.k.hyun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 06:45:10 EDT 2014

Dear all,

Dong-Hyun will update us on the progress in using target-prop this week at
the tea talk. The talk will be held at the usual place AA3195 and usual
time of 13.30.

Hope many will attend the talk!
- Cho

===
- Speaker: Dong-Hyun Lee
- Title: Training supervised deep network and an auto-encoder through
target propagation without back-prop
- Abstract:
I'll present how to train supervised network through target propagation.
This new technique suggested by Yoshua can make it possible to train deep
network without back propagation thanks to layer-wise target matching
losses and target propagation through layers. Our results are comparable to
back-propagation on MNIST. And we can train discrete networks directly
which is impossible to train using ordinary back-propagation because this
technique doesn't use any derivatives for propagating training signals.
Using this, we can also train an auto-encoder without back-prop.