[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk 26 Nov Wed @13.30 AA3195 by Antoine Chassang

Kyung Hyun Cho cho.k.hyun at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 14:49:16 EST 2014

Dear all,

Antoine Chassang will tell us about his work on face detection during his
internship at the LISA lab. The talk will be held at the usual place AA3195
starting from 13.30 next Wednesday (26 Nov).

Hope to see many of you at the talk!
- Cho

===
- Speaker: Antoine Chassang
- Date/Time: 26 Nov (Wed) 13.30 - 14.30
- Place: AA3195
- Title: Face Detection
- Abstract:

Whereas the state of the art is relying on  viewpoint-specialized models
which need additional pose-related annotations, we trained convolutional
networks on a large dataset (700k faces extracted from Google Images) to
learn invariance to pose. We evaluated our method on FDDB, a standard
benchmark for face detection, and we show that we can achieve state of the
art performance.
To speed up the inference, we investigated model compression using a
teacher-student formulation where the student network learns to reproduce
the teacher output. The compressed model is deeper and thinner, with less
parameters than the teacher.