[Lisa_teatalk] talk this Thursday 16th 13:00 - Ian Goodfellow

Razvan Pascanu r.pascanu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 13:04:27 EST 2014

Hi all,

 First of all the schedule has changed, and tea talks will be Wednesdays
from 13-14 from now on.

There is an exception this week. We will have Ian presenting this
**Thursday from 13:00 to 14:00**.
Speaker: Ian Goodfellow

Title: Ian's ideas for research projects

Abstract:

I'll throw out a few of my recent ideas for research
projects, ranging from easy to idealistic:
-Restricted maxout units
-Regularizing piecewise linear nets to change pieces rarely
-Sparsely connected recurrent nets
-Trajectory optimization for recurrent nets
-"Cognitive agency" and how you can use it to do things like
discrete-state nets, dynamically structured nets, and nets that
interact with data structures like stacks and tapes

I hope to see many of you there. And please register for giving tea talks.

Razvan