[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk 28 Aug Thursday (TOMORROW!) @13.30 AA3195 by Jeremie Zumer

Kyung Hyun Cho cho.k.hyun at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 17:26:20 EDT 2014

Dear all,

As announced earlier, Jeremie Zumer will tell us about the human action
recognition using deep learning tomorrow at the usual place. See below for
the details.

Best,
- Cho

===
Speaker: Jeremie Zumer
Date and Time: 28 Aug 2014 @13.30
Place: AA3195
Title: Deep Learning in Human Action Recognition
Abstract:
Hand-crafted features currently achieve state-of-the-art performance in
human action recognition. As an undergraduate intern, I worked with Aaron
Courville's team and investigated the application of neural-network-based
models and deep architectures to this problem. During this talk, I will
present some of the results of this project.