[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk 7 Aug Friday @13.30 AA6214 by Amjad Almahairi

Kyung Hyun Cho cho.k.hyun at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 21:04:19 EDT 2014

Dear all,

We have a tea talk tomorrow by Amjad Almahairi. This is a practice talk for
his presentation at the CIFAR summer school next week. He will tell us
about using autoencoding variational bayes for training a generative model
on sentences.

Hope to see many of you there!
- Cho

- Speaker: Amjad Almahairi
- Date and Time: 7 Aug 2014 @13.30
- Place: AA6214
- Title: Variational autoencoders for language modelling
- Abstract:
In this talk I will talk about my recent work on the variational
autoencoder (VAE) model for modelling full sentences. More specifically, I
will discuss some results a variation of the VAE using the gated recursive
convolutional network introduced recently by Kyung Hyun.