[Lisa_teatalk] Tea talk this thursday 26th

Razvan Pascanu r.pascanu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 11:02:46 EDT 2013

Hi all,

 This week tea talk is going to be given by Ouais Alsharif :

Title:End-to-End Text Recognition with Hybrid HMM Maxout Models

Abstract:
The problem of detecting and recognizing text in natural scenes has proved
to be more challenging than its counterpart in documents, with most of the
previous work focusing on a single part of the problem. In this work, we
propose new solutions to the character and word detection problems and then
we show how to combine these solutions in an end-to-end text-recognition
system. We do so by leveraging the recently created maxout networks along
with hybrid HMM models that have proven useful for voice recognition. Using
these elements, we build a fast, tunable and highly accurate recognition
system that beats state of the art results on all the sub-problems for both
the ICDAR 2003 and SVT benchmark datasets.

Hope to see many of you there :)
Best,
Razvan