[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk Today!

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:51:33 EST 2012

All,

Today, we have our first tea talk of 2012. It's the first of our
"Best-of-NIPS" series. For those of you who haven't signed up yet (you
know who you are) please do so on the Google doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As6zk-mwfSMQdDdlNHdtZExxNjBYaXBUbExFLXM4bUE&authkey=CNOF7IkD
IF YOU WENT TO NIPS, YOU SHOULD BE ON THIS LIST.

Today's talk will be at 15h00 in the LISA lab.

Speakers and papers:

1) Aaron Courville	 "Selecting Receptive Fields in Deep Networks" by
Coates and Ng
2) Razvan Pascanu	 "Krylov Subspace Descent for Deep Learning" by
Oriol Vinyals and Daniel Povey
3) Guillaume Desjardins 	unsure, but possibly "Efficient coding of
natural images with a population of noisy Linear-Nonlinear neurons"

Hope to see you there.
Aaron

--
Aaron C. Courville