[Lisa_teatalk] Tea-talk by David Warde-Farley and Razvan Pascanu on motion-compression, Thursday, Dec 13th @ 3pm. (AA3256)

Guillaume Desjardins guillaume.desjardins at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 19:04:41 EST 2012

Please join us this Thursday, for a tea-talk by David and Razvan on
motion compression. Title and abstract below.

Razvan and I will talk about our current pipeline for human motion
compression, based on interpolation, L1 sparse coding, fine tuning and
a bit of elbow grease. It achieves compression ratios comparable with
the state of the art and very good fidelity (any artifacts are
virtually imperceptible), though not quite the rock bottom distortion
rates that the current state of the art work reports. We'd like your
feedback on the best way to "sell" this work for publication.

(Joint work with Razvan Pascanu, Steven Pigeon and Yoshua)