[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk Tomorrow!

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 09:50:41 EDT 2011

Greeting,

This week we will have Ian Goodfellow reviewing everyone's favorite
single-layer undirected graphical model: the RBM! Hope to see you there.

When: 14h00, Wednesday, Sept. 28th (NOTE: NEW DAY)
Where LISA LAB (AA3256)

Title: RBM Boot Camp

Abstract: By request from the new students in the lab, Ian will give a broad
overview of RBMs. The main purpose of the talk will be to describe basic
principles of structured probabilistic models, what RBMs are, why they are
useful as generative models, what kinds of RBMs have been made, and the
theory of how to train them. Owing to limited time, we will not cover the
use of RBMs in deep learning or practical implementation details in this
talk. The goal is to build a detailed yet intuitive understanding of RBMs in
order to make the deep learning literature more accessible.

Cheers,
Aaron

--
Aaron C. Courville