[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk Tomorrow!

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:08:44 EDT 2011

Hey,

Tomorrow David Warde-Farley will tell us about git and why we should all
love and respect it.

Time and Date: 14h00, Wednesday Oct. 19th
Location: LISA lab (AA3256)

Title: Collaborative Software Development With Git

Abstract:
I will give a tutorial on the Git version control system, its particular
strengths and unique properties, as well as the most common commands and
usage patterns. We will cover interaction with local repositories, syncing
with remote repositories (including a brief branching, merging, rebasing)
and an overview of the workflow we have adopted for Theano development. A
basic knowledge of some version control system (CVS, Subversion, Mercurial)
is assumed.

Cheers,
Aaron

--