[Lisa_teatalk] TEA TALK: run up to NIPS (NOTE NEW TIME)

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Tue May 3 14:11:16 EDT 2011

Greetings,

As suggested by Yoshua, we're going to have a run up to NIPS tea talk
this Thursday. The idea is we give very brief pitches for the various
projects underway with an eye to a NIPS submission. Students not on a
project can shop around and get involved.

List of speakers / subjects: (YOU MIGHT BE ON THE LIST!)

- Ian Goodfellow: new estimation criteria for energy based models and
a new reconstruction semi-restricted Boltzmann machine
- Guillaume Desjardins: tracking the partition function and bilinear RBMs
- Xavier Glorot & Yann Dauphin: reconstruction sampling with sparse connections
- Xavier Glorot & Antoine Bordes: word sense disambiguation with
semantic triplet models
- James Bergstra: I'd like to essentially scale up the mu-ssRBM to
work on big images using pyramidal image representations.
- Remi Bardenet & James Bergstra: adaptive model selection
- François Savard: deep auto-encoders with (recurrent) top-down
connections for coordinating internal representations
- Salah Rifai: semantic hashing with contrastive auto-encoders
- David Warde-Farley & Razvan Pascanu: sparse coding for animations compression
- Eric Thibodeau-Laufer: hybrid non-parametric & parametric
(embeddings-based) content-based collaborative filtering
- Razvan Pascanu: long-term dependencies in recurrent networks

Time / Date: 15h00 / Thursday, May 5th, 2011
Location: LISA Lab (AA3256)

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,
Aaron