[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk Tomorrow!

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 14:49:17 EDT 2010

Hi All,

This week we have James Bergstra giving his invited talk a test drive.
Hope to see you all there.

Time: Thursday Sept. 30th 14h30
Location: AA3195

Title: Complex Cells in Neural Networks

Abstract: This is a practice run for a talk I'm giving next week at
the Rowland Institute in Boston.  It's a survey of what I've done and
where I'm going with the 'quadratic units'.  I'll go over published
work from the last two years (better generalization in images,
pretraining with slow features, high-throughput analysis of the
Canonical Circuit) and also talk about ongoing work related to random
search, and energy-based training of complex-cell-like models.
--
http://www-etud.iro.umontreal.ca/~bergstrj

Cheers,
Aaron