[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk Tomorrow!

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 05:44:45 EDT 2010

Hi All,

This week we return to our normal tea talk schedule with Antoine
Bordes, who will tell us about some fascinating work he did before
joining LISA. Title and abstract below.

When: Thursday Sept. 16th, 2:30pm
Where: LISA lab (AA3256)

Hope to see you all there.

Towards Understanding Situated Natural Language
-- Joint work with J. Weston (Google), N. Usunier (Paris 6) and R.
Collobert (NEC) --

We present a general framework and learning algorithm for the task of
concept labeling: each word in a given sentence has to be tagged with
the unique physical entity (e.g. person, object or location) or
abstract concept it refers to. Our method allows both world knowledge
and linguistic information to be used during learning and prediction.
We show experimentally that we can learn to use world knowledge to
resolve ambiguities in language, such as word senses or reference
resolution, without the use of hand-crafted rules or features.

Paper and data available from
http://www-etud.iro.umontreal.ca/~bordesa/mywiki/doku.php?id=abstract_babi_aistats
.

Cheers,